Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DIY Chevron Pillow Slip Cover


I love anything with a chevron pattern!  I have been looking at different local fabric stores for a nice chevron pattern, and I finally found one at Material Girls.  Before you read on just know that I can't sew!  This project is so easy that even I was able to do it.  Although I did make it an inch smaller on accident so I had to squeeze my pillow in!  Good thing I am not a perfectionist!  I found the tutorial on this blog.  At the bottom of her tutorial she tells you how to cut the fabric for any size pillow (check your measurements or your pillow may end up like mine). 



My bed was looking a little dull and very outdated.  I think these pillows added the perfect touch. 



The amazing ruffle pillow is from Pier 1 you can get it here, and it's on sale now for $23!


The best part about this project is the fact that its a slip cover.  Whenever I get sick of the trendy chevron pattern I can easily take it off.

- Christy

I am linking up at delectable homesumos sweet stufflil luna, mommy by day crafter bynight, polkadot-pretties, tatertots and jello
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. CUTE! I love it! The gray goes really well with the yellow and blue walls. Awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Chevron is so in right now - even in scrapbooking and card making :) Really love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chevron print does add so much to your bed. And the tutorial link is so easy! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your project!!!
    I currently have a Craft, Create and Inspire linky party going on, i would love you to stop by and link up this project...
    http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_21.html

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, i love these! i'm going to be making over my bedroom soon and i think i will make some like these. thanks for the inspiration. we'd love for you to link this up to our Sunday Best link party going on right now. http://griffithsrated.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunday-best-link-party_22.html
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love slip covers like this, because like you said, when you get tired of it it's really easy to change it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for linking up this fabulous project!!!
    This week’s Linky Party is up!!!! http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_28.html
    I hope you will stop by an link up another lovely project..
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete