Wednesday, June 20, 2012

DIY workout shirt

everyone knows i loathe working out. I'm one of those girls who gets a gym pass in January as a resolution and by February it's cancelled due to lack of attendance ;)
anything that i can find that will motivate me to work out at all is definitely a plus!!
i found this super cute DIY tank top and knew i could do it.
it literally took me 20 minutes to do it.
go { here } to see how exactly how i did it.
and give her a shout out for making such a cute shirt!


In case you can't read the text here are the steps.

1. Start with a T-shirt.  Any old shirt will do! The bigger the better.
2. Cut away the ribbed neckline and bottom hem.  For the sleeves, cut downwards starting from the shoulder. Cut straight down and then begin to curve down below the armpit seam.
3. Determine how low you want your front neckline, and cut away.
4. Flip the shirt over and make a narrow racerback, curving inward from the armpits.  Then cut a deep "V" shape from the top neckline.
5. To give your tank a high-low look, lay your shirt sideways flattening it out evenly.  Starting a few inches up at the front of your shirt, start cutting diagonally until you reach the back.
6. Wrap the string all the way down around the center of the racerback, and back up to meet the other ends.  Knot the ends together tightly.  Trim the loose ends.
7. Ta- daaaa!!


I had my cute sister model it for me since taking pictures of myself is awkward.

so cute!!
love- chel








Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. So cute! Can't wait to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm right. This is so cute! I've seen this so many times but have been super nervous to try it. P.S your sister is super gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I've got to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Totally pining this so I don't forget about this summer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy smokes, love this diy!! thanks for sharing. new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete