Thursday, September 20, 2012

DIY Mirror

Christy and I saw this on Shanty 2 Chic via pinterest and LOVED it!!
We are both needing cute pieces for our new houses so we got the supplies and started making it.
All we got was a mirror from walmart- I think it was only like $5!
And then thanks to my hubs, he was able to bring home extra wood from work for the framing.




Super cheap walmart mirror-
we ripped off the thin white framing off of it



We laid the wood out and stapled it together.




Once it was stapled we started to stain it.
Then we put it outside and let it dry overnight.
We glued the mirror onto the back of the wood and that's it.


Easy easy!!
It really turned out so dang cute.
We decided we are going to make really big ones for our master bedrooms next :)




Love Chels

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. I have seen these and LOVED them! You could probably purchase any mirror and do the same thing. Probably not for $5 though ;) Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it is as easy as they say huh? I need to give it a whirl, they look so awesome. And expensive!
    Stacia@http://feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! What size wood did you use? I can't really tell the width from the pics. Great idea! I'm totally going to do this now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ladies have such a lovely blog :) thank you for the follow. i am the newest follower of My Best Friend's Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this project @ craft, create and inspire last weekend !

    Your project is featured this week!!

    Looking forward to seeing what you have been upto this week

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could probably do this with pallet wood too, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute... where did you get the candle holder next to mirror? I'm in love with the whole set up!

    ReplyDelete